Monday, January 19, 2009

Please be praying for Emma

For those of you who have been praying for Emma here is an update-
we took her to the hospital Friday and she had a VCUG and an ultrasound to check her renal system for kidney reflux, cysts on her kidneys, etc... We won't get the official results back for a few days but we did not see any die go into her kidneys from her bladder. Also, her ultrasound looked normal and if there had been a problem I'm sure they would have talked to us about it right then. We are going on month 8 of these high fevers with no symptoms. After doing some research on my own I wonder if it could be periodic fever disorder. Yes, there is such a thing! This is a disorder where a child can have high fevers with no explainable cause- the good news is that kids grow out of this by age 4-5. The bad news is we are back to square one and we have no idea what is really wrong or how to make our little girl any better.
I know that with God all things are possible. He created Emma's body and I firmly believe that she can be healed. Why God doesn't always just heal us right away I don't know. All we can do is trust that God will lead and guide Matt and I, give the doctors that we are seeing wisdom, and pray for healing!

No comments: